The Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation claims to be
everything I want in a foundation - light-weight, luminous, natural wearing,
let's see if it lives up to its name..
PACKAGING
Let's be real, the packaging is what really made me buy this foundation...
The product is housed in a smoked glass bottle with faux leather on the bottom half
and has a rose gold lid topped with a neat little bow..
It comes with a pump
SHADE RANGE
There are two shades in this range (which is disappointing) - light and light/medium.
I have the shade light/medium and it is way too light for my skin tone,
even in winter (nc30/35), but it does have a nice neutral (not pink or yellow) undertone.
The weird thing about this foundation is the shade -
When I first pumped this foundation I thought 'yeah, I can make this work'
and after I blended it in, I ended up looking like a ghost!
Notice my above swatch, the Physicians Formula foundation looks
like it's the darkest shade in comparison to the Nars, Mac and EX1..
Then look next to it (after I've blended it)
and it becomes the lightest shade out of all of them.
So again, below is a photo of swatches from the foundation
The top swatch is it just sitting on top of my skin not blended
whilst the bottom swatch is the same foundation blended..
SUCH. A. HUGE. SHADE. DIFFERENCE. WHY?!
CONSISTENCY
The foundation has a very thin and runny consistency,
that definitely needs to be shaken before use.
Overall, it blends really nicely into the skin and feels light-weight
with one coat applied.
FINISH
The finish of this foundation is on the sheer side of medium coverage -
it does even out my skin tone really well with one coat but is build-able if
you wish to add more coverage - although, it can make it feel a tad heavy on the skin.
I do find this foundation to be rather dewy (with a hint of glow), especially when first applied..
However, when wearing it alone;
it doesn't seem to set at all and feels rather tacky to the touch.
Although, after applying powder, it does set to a soft finish with a hint of glow.
no foundation on
with Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation
with full face of makeup
LASTING POWER
Longevity is a hit and miss with this foundation -
On its own, it doesn't set properly (feels tacky and transfers like crazy),
after my 8 hour shift it tends to look really patchy and I have dry combo skin.
but when used with a good primer set with powder, it tends to last longer.
The Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation
comes with 30ml of product and retails for roughly $20AUD
I purchased mine from iherb.com
CONCLUSION
PROS
Build-able Coverage
Price
Packaging
Light-weight (one coat)
Paraben Free
Oil Free
CONS
Longevity
Overall, even if Physicians Formula did cater to my skin tone,
I don't think it would something I would repurchase.
I love the idea of a light-weight and sheer dewy foundation,
but this just didn't do it for me with its wear time.
Have you tried the Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation?
What are your thoughts on it?
0 Yorumlar