Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MAC Duty Free Lipstick Purchases

IMG_7359
IMG_7366
IMG_7379
mac lipstick swatches
Last month Rob and I flew off to Italy to spend a long weekend away with friends nestled high in the Tuscan mountains and enjoyed a few lovely days eating, drinking and keeping warm by the roaring log fire. Whilst killing some time in Stansted airport I innocently wandered into their beauty hall to just have a little peruse and ended up picking up three MAC lip products that had been on my wish list from sometime! Always the way, eh?!

The first lipstick I ticked off my list was Lovelorn (top photo) which is a wonderfully wearable pink shade with slight blue undertone and a lustre finish, giving the lips a gorgeous glossy finish without being too sticky. It is a very natural, soft pink and a little similar to MAC's Creme Cup but just with a shiny, gloss-like texture on the lips. It is a very easy, fuss-free lipstick to use and would work best paired with a heavier eye look and maybe some beautifully bronzed cheekbones.

Secondly I picked up MAC's Faux lipstick (middle photo) which is one of my most recent coveted items since the whole Kylie-Jenner-lip-thing has swept the beauty world. Rumour has it that Kylie often reaches for Faux lipstick alongside other MAC faithfuls such as Velvet Teddy and Brave, so I decided to give it a whirl myself and I am so glad I did! I really do love this lipstick which is probably one of the 'darkest' nudes I have ever tried. Faux is a pinky-brown shade with a lovely Satin finish on the lips, making it a perfect day to day colour to wear with a creamy consistency and good colour payoff. It is literally the only lipstick I am reaching for at the minute!

And finally, to continue with the Kylie Jenner theme, I picked up a new lip pencil in Subculture, (bottom photo) seeing as Soar and Whirl are still so damn hard to track down! MAC Subculture lip pencil is described as an underground pink but really is an earthy-brown with a slight pinky-peach undertone to it. As you would expect from a lip pencil, it is incredible matte and would benefit from a slick of gloss or lip balm on top if you are planning on filling your whole lip in. But it is a great product if you want to line your lips in preparation for a similar lipstick like Velvet Teddy perhaps to be layered on top or simply to wear alone for a pretty nude look.

All these lip products are available from MAC counters and of course, online. Which lipsticks are on your current wishlist?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar