Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Making up: My basic face


Everybody has those days when they don't feel like experimenting or doing anything too elaborate with their make-up.  I certainly do and that's why I have my fail-safe no brainer make-up look.  It's one I can turn to when I don't want to think about colour matching and perfect application.  My look is based on neutrals for a simple and natural 'me but better' look.

Here are the ingredients for my basic face:
Base
  • Tinted moisturiser (optional) - If I'm not too lazy I'll start with a tinted base if my skin needs a bit of help.  I use Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear because it's a multi-tasker:   moisturising, perfecting my complexion and protecting my skin from the sun.
  • Illuminating concealer - to cover up under-eye circles and minor blemishes.  I can't stand looking tired especially when I am (a lot!) so this step's a must for me.  Lately I've been loving Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer because it's great value for money and performs as well as the luxe products for my needs.  I also dab and blend a little of this on my lips as a primer before I apply lipstick!
  • Sheer pressed powder - I'll brush a little MAC Select Sheer pressed powder over my face to reduce shine without masking my complexion.
  • Soft peach powder blush (optional) -  If I'm looking too pasty and pale I'll use a matte blush in a soft subtle shade to give me a hint of healthy flush.  A soft peach/pink shade such as Essence's Silky Touch Blush in Adorable is perfect for my pale complexion because there's no risk of me OD'ing on the colour and looking like a doll!
Eyes
  • Eyeshadow in either a soft shimmery taupe (Maybelline Silken Taupe) or beige (MAC Shroom) -  applied as a wash over my lids up to the crease. Taupe gives me a natural contoured look without the fuss and blending, while beige brightens up my eyes when I'm looking tired.
  • Grey/brown eyeliner (optional) - I've been using Duck from MAC on my outer upper lash line to open up my eyes and give them a bit of subtle definition
  • Thickening mascara - I like to use a mascara where I only need one swipe to emphasize my lashes.  I have a few different brands on rotation at any one time and honestly, I'll make a random grab for them in the morning.  I've chosen Rimmel's Volume Flash x 10 as an example because it only needs one coat to make a noticeable difference and it's one of the cheapest drugstore mascaras around.

Lips
  • Mauve nude lipstick - A shade close to my natural lip colour gives me a fresh natural lip without the need for lipliner.  I have very mauvey toned lips and Rimmel's Asia is definitely a MLBB shade with an added subtle sheen and shimmer.

Oops!  I nearly forgot to photograph some swatches.  Here they are, and you can really see what I mean about these being no fuss shades.  The eyeshadow and blush are so soft against my skin-tone they're literally impossible for me to mess up.  Both photos are taken in natural daylight.


L-R:
MAC Duck Powerpoint eye pencil
Maybelline Silken Taupe eyeshadow
MAC Shroom eyeshadow
Essence Adorable blush
Rimmel Asia lipstick
 

What are the essentials for your basic face?

Until next time.

Vita :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar