Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Lancome Primordiale Yeux Skin Recharge Visible Smoothing Renewing Eye Moisturiser


First of all, why doesn't eye creams ever have SPF in them? Surely this is an area we really need to protect from the harmful rays of the sun, and I always feel veary when putting my regular face sun screens all over my eyes, so if anyone could enlighten me I would love to know why!

First a little story. I didn't use to use eye creams. I was then persuaded by a sales lady at the Lancome counter at Boots Westfield to try the genefique and I really did love it. It brightened my eye area up like I hadn't seen before (Due note it was my first eye cream). Having had my "eyes opened" to all these new products I went on to try others, no complaints on the Genefique one, I was just curious.

A few months later I had a dry under-eye area with some lines forming, I had been using the SK-II Eye Treatment Film, and while it did provide amazing results to begin with, I had in the end as previously mentioned a dry under-eye area and some lines forming, the girl at the Origins counter at Selfridges said this was just due to dehydration and not premature aging or anything of the sort (I was 21 so I sure hope not!). I obviously didn't fancy these new changes too much and tried the Starting Over eye cream by Origins which was ok, but nothing more and nothing less.

When the little Origins pot finally finished in the fall (2011), with no significant changes, I decided to step it up a notch and go for a proper anti ageing eye cream, with the intention of using it only nightly as a sort of heavy moisture boost.

I have been using the Primordiale Yeux every night for almost two months now and have to say I like it. I don't LOVE it, but I like it. While I still have some vague lines under my eyes, they seem less prominent, and it's not dry. I have recently started experiencing more darkness under my eyes, never been a problem before, but I don't think that is due to the eye cream, but rather health related. Not that I am leading an unhealthy lifestyle of any sort, but I don't see how an eye cream can GIVE dark under eyes. I have had less sleep lately due to a busy schedule so for the time-being I am chalking it up to that, and then we will see if it changes when life calms down a bit.

A side effect has been that I have experienced oilier lids. I've never had much of a problem with this before, but I can deal with a good eye primer so I don't find it to be much of a problem. It's more important for me to have a moisturised eye area, and as mentioned all I need to do is apply a bit of eye primer and the problem is no more.

All in all it's a fine product, but I don't think I will re-purchase. I would definitely not recommend it (personally) for more mature skin because it hasn't done MUCH for my fine lines, and I have only just turned 23, so I can't imagine it doing much for actual wrinkles. I could of course be absolutely wrong about that, I'm only trying to convey as much about my personal experience with this product as I can. Maybe one day I will be able to afford a full size of the Creme De La Mer Eye Balm I once sampled, which truly gave the most amazing results ever.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar