Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Short-Haired Chick Friday!

In 1990 Northern Exposure aired.

jt_ss14jt_ss02

And everybody fell in love. It was universal. She was just so damn tomboy cute. I no longer felt alone in my little predilection towards short-haired chicks, because everyone liked Janine.

jturner09

What a regular gal. I like the "regular gal", a girl you can pal around with. You see, Janine played a mechanic and Mechanic's don't believe in no fancy dressin' up and nights at the opera. Mechanics would rather play pinball with you at a dive bar after they've put five bucks worth of Metalica in the juke. To make sure you got the point, the makeup person put grease on her face. Do you get it now?

jt-plane7

jturner16

Not all short-haired chicks are regular gals, it just always seemed to my that you ran a great chance of nabbing a regular gal if you kept your eyes on the short-haired ones. And the casting guys in Hollywood obviously see that. The short-haired actresses nab all the regular gal roles, because it's more believeable.

18

Northern Exposure was also a good litmus test for whether a girl was worth going out with. If a girl liked Northern Exposure she was pretty worth your time. It was at least a good sign. Liking Twin Peaks was a better sign, but Northern Exposure would do.

16

I actually only watched a few episodes of Northern Exposure, but they are huge memories because of the girl I was dating at the time, Mindy Pieper. Whatever happened to Mindy? Just about the cutest girl ever.

jt_bw001

It certainly was the best courting ever, she was in my film studies class and grasped my arm during "The Birds." I mean how classic is that!? I give credit to Larry Shure who left a seat open between us that night. Thanks man.

jt_maxim003

Anyway, she had a Northern Exposure night in her dorm and I got to be a part of that while I dated her.

jt_mix003

But I was 20 so I fucked it all up.

jt_mix004

She would later move in with my short-haired Junior-year girlfriend, Leah. ...awkward. But I made it more so because I was 22 and still fucking everything up. Plus since we were all 22 and the weight of the world was on our shoulders I think we all secretly enjoyed how fucked up it all was. Stupid 20's.

8

Mindy had kinda short hair at that time but the last time I ever saw her was in an indie record store in Cincinnati, she was super indie and had completely chopped her hair and dyed it blond, it looked AWESOME, so hot. Why was I such a 20 year old?

11

Later on while dating Carla, who had awesome short-hair as well, I would find out that Carla and Mindy dated. Small world, small world in which ex-girlfriends can have dated current girlfriends. Again, why was I such a 20 year old? Of course, if you are going to date short-haired chicks you will date a few lesbians, but I'm sure we're all willing to take your chances there.

janinerd

So, uh, yeah, Janine, don't know a fucking thing about her.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar