Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Foundation in Nude Beige

I wore this today and absolutely loved the effect on me so I thought it finally deserved a post of its own! I have been using this on and off since the past few months now and I have to say it's absolutely adorable, that too quite easily.

As usual, I never manage to find the perfect shade for me in Clinique Foundations and Nude Beige is a tad bit tanned for my NC30 skin however like every other Clinique Foundation I have tried till date, it's made to my favourites list as well.

The packaging of it is quite simple and the chubby glass bottle albeit having a tendency to feel slightly unhygienic sometime, is still quite light, portable and practical. A refreshing change as it takes me back in time when Foundation bottles were slightly heavy and came with a foggy glass. Classic!



I know shades can be tricky to determine online so if you're NC30 or NC35, this shade would fit you perfectly and you can get away with an online purchase without seeing the shade in person. The shade itself is yellow toned but I have to say it's a pretty neutral yellow at the same time meaning someone with pink undertones can also get away with it. You'll hardly find such in between colours so kudos Clinique!





The Foundation itself is a moderately thin consistency, not runny like MAC Face & Body but still thin enough to make blending a dream. You can easily use fingers, brush or a sponge with it and you'll get equally good results although I highly recommend you get your hands on a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

It sinks into the skin well leaving a very slight tacky, unsettled texture on the face for the first few minutes but once it sinks in well, it doesn't even need powder. You can choose to set your concealer and all that but I found powder makes this look cakey as it already has a semi-matte finish with a little glow.

In this heat, I also found it to move a little bit on my face so I have to remember to wear a primer underneath next time. Besides that, it lasted from morning to evening on me and looked just as fresh as it looked when applied. Apparently it's water resistant too if you find yourself in a rainy summer day!



A few shots of me wearing it



The coverage of this is strictly medium and it can be built up gradually or enhanced with concealers but if you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this ain't it. On the other hand if you're looking for an everyday foundation that covers basic uneven skin tone, scars and blemishes, this fits the bill just right.

Superbalanced claims to be great for all skin types but in my experience with it, it would be great for combination-normal-dehydrated skin with primer & minus the powder and not so suitable for those with very dry or very oily skin gals as it might exaggerate dryness or oily areas in the skin perhaps.

I can't believe I've only tried this Foundation as of yet and it's been one of Clinique's best sellers since years. For the reasonable £21 price tag that it retails for, it's surely a winner in my books!

www.clinique.co.uk

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar