Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Summer 2017 Beautycon Box


Since I subscribed to Beautycon, I've been looking forward to a box full of goodies at the turn of each season. Beautycon is a quarterly beauty box that gives you at least 10 full-sized products such as makeup, skincare, hair care, and beauty tools.



The Summer 2017 Beautycon Box was curated by Kim Thai and Aidette Cancino.

I feel like this month's box was a mixed bag of stuff I loved and stuff I didn't care too much for. Of all of the Beautycon Boxes I received, hands down my favorite is still the Spring 2017 box.

Here's what's in the box:


Freeman Beauty - Renewing Cucumber Peel-off Mask
I tried this mask because anything cucumber-related are more suited for my dry skin, because of its cooling and hydrating effects. I apply it on my face, wait for 15 minutes for it to dry out, and I peel it off. This is the 2nd peel-off mask I have tried, and it does feel good to get all of the gunk out (just not when it sticks to your hair). I felt like my skin was softer and brightened afterwards.

Feel Beauty - Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet Masks
Now I personally didn't try this mask, but I let Cecilio put it on since he's been asking to try one of my many face masks and I felt like this was more suited for his mildly oily skin. These claim to remove impurities, remove oil, and clear clogged pores. It's also made of bamboo fiber! So I put it on his face for 30 minutes and he had this on while watching Star Trek. Afterwards, he said it was..."interesting. Is my face perfectly clear now? Do I look so young that they will card me at the check-out line?" (an inside joke: He gets mad when they don't card him for alcohol because he wants to look youthful). I will say that his skin felt softer without the grease.


Dirty Little Secret Gold Plated Eyeshadow Crayon
I haven't tried it on my lids, and usually I don't like eyeshadow crayons because they lack pigmentation and staying powder. It's alright. If I were to use an eyeshadow crayon, I'd prefer something deeper colored.

Jontéblu Electric Blue Eyeliner Pencil
I don't wear blue eyeshadow, much less colored eyeliner (except for black and brown), so I don't really have use for this. I will say though that I love the pigmentation and the fun bright shade, so maybe this is a way for me to experiment with makeup and get out of my comfort zone?



Doucce Lush Lip Gloss in "Glistening Petals"
This is a really gorgeous, coral pink lip gloss. It's moisturizing and flattering on my skin tone. It's not too pigmented but not too sheer. The hourglass packaging feels sexy and luxe. The reason I haven't used it? It stinks! It smells like one of those sweet medicines you have to take when you're sick. I have a very weak nose and a horrible sense of smell, and I can still smell how strong it is. I will use this, as long as I hold my breath while applying this.

ColourPop Ultra Satin Liquid Lip in "London Fog"
Now this is what I am talking about! This is my favorite item in the box. I haven't personally tried it on my lips, but I know I'm going to love it. It's a brighter, redder version of my beloved ColourPop Ultra Satin in "Lyin' King". It's more pink than red which I don't mind because I tend to lean towards more pink lips anyway.


MakeupDrop x Beautycon - The Original Silicone Makeup Applicator
I personally haven't tried it yet, but I would like to create a blog post comparing foundation applications: silicone vs. beautyblender (or in my case, the Real Techniques sponge). What do you guys think?


Manna Kadar Flutter Mascara in "Jet Black"
I usually don't like getting mascaras in my subscription box. With the exception of the Urban Decay Preversion Mascara (from when I had the Play! by Sephora box), most of the mascaras I received have been a miss. This one is ok, it's not the most amazing mascara in the world. It gives me some volume and curling effect, but it also clumps a bit. I like bold, voluminous lashes and this isn't it.


Deco Miami Lemon Blossom Cuticle Oil
I still haven't tried it yet, but I would like to see how it compares to my NCLA cuticle oil I received from one of my Boxycharm boxes.

Deco Miami Pink Glass Nail File
It looks cute, but it's nothing special and doesn't file my nails any better than a classic gritty nail file can do. Also, this is a personal preference, but it has that "nails on a chalkboard" sound effect that I cannot stand as I'm filing them.

ColourPop Ultra Satin in "London Fog", Doucce Lush Lip Gloss in "Glistening Petals", Jontéblu Electric Blue Eyeliner Pencil, Dirty Little Secret Gold Plate Eyeshadow Crayon

If it weren't for the lip products from ColourPop and Doucce, I probably would've hated this box. I am open to trying the silicone makeup applicator, but everything else is just "meh". Hopefully the fall box gets better, or else I will cancel after that (well regardless, I probably will in order to stop spending so much). A lot of people that subscribed expressed a lot of negative opinions about this box. Oh yeah, and this month's ipsy glambag sucked for me.

I resubscribed to Boxycharm (the best box I have ever had) and I am thankful! Stay tuned for a review on that in the next few days.

Is there anything from the Summer Beautycon Box that you would like to try?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar