Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CHANEL LES 4 OMBRES QUADRA EYE SHADOW IN 'MYSTÈRE' - A WINNER.


Mystère is one of the products in this year's Fall/Autumn Collection from Chanel that offers sumptuous khaki sophistication (the others include nail polishes, mascara and eyeliner pencil).  I'll let the photographs below speak for themselves (yes, such beauty does make me snap-happy), but this is not to say that you shouldn't see it in person, because *you must*! >_<  You'll be more inclined to take it home with you then. ;)

Below: photographed in lower lighting (without a strobe) to capture the shimmers of the product in the pan.

Colours, Finishes & Swatches
Swatches below are numbered as per the eye shadow quad below.  Applied on my medium, olive, ~NC30 skin tone.
1. Deep brown with olive undertones (satin finish)
2. Gorgeous khaki bronze (packed with bronze/gold micro-shimmers)
3. Taupe (satin finish)
4. Ivory (gold micro-shimmers)

When all four colours are applied and layered together to create a smokey look, they work together brilliantly and harmoniously! Ugh! Peter Philips shows his genius in this collection and in particular, in this quad. It's a shame he will be leaving Chanel. Bwaaaahhhhh... :'(

Above: photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.
Above: photographed in low light (without a strobe) to capture the micro-shimmery goodness.


Texture, Pigmentation & Application
The texture and pigment of these eye shadows is lovely (note, this quad is the U.S.A version as opposed to the baked eye shadow quads released elsewhere).  Application is brilliant.  To really experience the texture, I like to apply with my clean finger tips, and Mystère didn't fail to perform!  I was able to apply all four eye shadows, layered together to create an amazingly beautiful smokey eye look with my bare finger tips!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Trust me, I'm not that brilliant at applying eye makeup, so this says a lot about the extreme ease of use of the eye shadow powder in this quad.  Apart from a little shimmery fall-out (hence, I recommend applying eye shadow first before applying makeup to the rest of the face so you can wipe off any fall-out), it blended with ease and beautifully.  I dare say, it even looked professional. ;) *_*

Availability
Limited edition.

Verdict
Yes, even a "geen-eyeshadow-phobe" like me has me excited about this glorious khaki sophistication.  'Mystère' is definitely a must-have from the collection for me.


Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo


You might also like...





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar