Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Little Revlon Hauling and Trying out Estee Lauder Double Wear

I picked up some Revlon items today, Zellers had a 30% off sale that ended today. I didn't go crazy because frankly, I have too much makeup, enough to last me the rest of my life so I am trying to be good. Also, I am moving to Toronto next month and started organizing, packing, throwing stuff out. The later was the biggest, throwing shit out that I don't need/use/like/have a need for etc. It's ridiculous the amount of stuff I have. Makeup is pretty but.. happiness is wanting the stuff you already have!

Anyway, the items that I picked up:

1) Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer (Light): A concealer that is moisturizing sounds good to me. I've been hearing about this one a lot on youtube, so I decided to try it out.

2) Revlon Gray Suede: I passed on this nail polish when the Daydreamer collection first came out, but I liked swatches that I saw online.

3) Revlon Grow Luscious (Black): Being a mascara junkie, I had to pick this up, but couldn't stomach paying $8-10 for yet annnother mascara, so I am glad that I waited for a sale. I will report back about whether it made my lashes 'luscious'.

4) Revlon Super Lustruous Lipgloss in Pink Pop - This is a backup, I have this already and it's super pigmented and a lovely colour, so I got another, it was like $5.

And then lastly, I went to the Estee Lauder counter at The Bay (like Nordstrom for my American readers) and got colour-matched with the Double Wear foundation. The girl was really nice, she was helping someone else when I got there and I waited patiently until she was done, she kept telling me to sit down and she'll be done soon, and I was like it's cool, I can wait. My apartment was being shown today and I avoided being at home on purpose so I had all the time in the world.

I researched shades online first, having never used anything Estee Lauder before. They had a lot of shades online, but at the counter there were only like 3 possibilities for my skin colour. She tried a few on me and then decided "1W2 Linen" was the best match. She didn't have enough to give me a 10 day sample in the bottle, so she gave me the closest shade "1N1 Ecru" but said that Linen would be better at canceling out redness. I wanted to test it out before I buy it, see how my skin responds and how it wears. It's $42 and that's a lot so I want to be sure I like it first. Look how cute the little sample bottle is aww. I will report back in a week or so and tell you guys how I liked or disliked it.

If you've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation please comment below on if you liked it and your colour match.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar