Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product Review: MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Here is the third installment on my concealer reviews. This is the only concealer that I have re-purchased and I will be reviewing the MAC Studio Finish Concealer. I first encountered this concealer a little over two years and a half ago and I was given MAC NC35 that time due to my tan but even then, it was dark on me but I like it so much that I purchased it in NC30 last year. Still, my tan wasn't completely gone and now that my skin color is finally coming back, NC30 is now a tad dark and yellow on me but I still love it. Though I do not use it that often due to the shade mismatch, I still like it enough to use when I need a lot of coverage especially when my skin acts up. On to the review then. :)



What I like:
- Consistency and texture is really creamy making it easy to blend.
- Coverage is really good as it can effectively conceal blemishes and even dark circles on the under eyes.
- No granny makeup scent though it has this scent I can't describe but tolerable.
- A little goes a long way. You only need a very little amount to cover blemishes.
- Lasting power is pretty decent and lasts for hours on my combi-oily skin.
- It does not turn grayish or ashy on me unlike other concealers.
- Some may not like the fact that it is in a pot but I actually like the packaging - it's a straight on concealer with no fancy packaging. You can use a concealer brush instead of dipping your fingers so that is no biggie for me.
- It may be expensive at first for PHP850 or PHP950 (no longer sure about the price since there was a price increase) per pot but it lasts for a year or so making the price just right.
- Locally available at MAC counters.


What I don't like:
- Although it is really creamy, it has a tendency to cake and settle on fine lines especially when used on the under eyes so applying an eye cream is a must if you plan to use it on the under eyes.
- It tends to be a little oily especially on humid days even though it sits pretty on my makeup box.
- It sometimes slide off on really hot days so setting it with powder is needed.

Overall rating: 4/5 It gives me the coverage I want and need.

Will I buy again? Yes. I love this but I will repurchase once I use up all my concealers. :)


Swatch

Another picture of my niece doing the "baho" (smelly) face on our helper. ;D


What's your favorite concealer?

Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :P

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar