Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

L'OCCITANE GWP & HAUL INCLUDING A COLLABORATIVE CREATION WITH PIERRE HERMÉ

Bonjour!  L'Occitane have some new things out at the moment (well, they always do), but I was particularly keen on checking out the new limited edition range in collaboration with Pierre Hermé, and of course their new Christmas Beauty Advent Calendar.  Their current, excellent GWP was certainly another incentive (yes, I'm a sucker for those things sometimes!).  This GWP offer (see image below) is valid with a minimum AU$80 purchase and ends today 8th November (for Australian customers), so hurry!
Above: GWP includes mini sized Jasmin Immortelle Neroli Hand Cream, Pamplemousse Rhubarbe Shower Gel, Cleansing Oil and Light Comforting Cream + an adorable beauty bag.
So, I paid a visit to my local store and enticed with a delicious cuppa tea as I perused the latest offerings, and being assisted by one of the best sales assistants I have ever encountered (yes, I reckon I would have given her my entire life savings had she kept me in there for another 5 minutes!  Srsly...I wish all sales assistants were more like her (probably not so good for my wallet though!) ;-))  I digress!  The advent calendar is cute, but I decided to skip it as while it contained some nice goodies and favourites of mine, I felt they were all quite tiny in size for what you pay.  L'Occitane usually always have great value Christmas sets and I didn't even get around to checking those out, but I'll probably end up going back when I need to do my Christmas shopping (last minute as usual).

About L'Occitane & Pierre Hermé Collection:
"Olivier Baussan, founder of L'OCCITANE, invited his friend, pastry chef Pierre Hermé, to compose a collection of scents for L'OCCITANE just the way he wanted.
They found themselves together on the island of Corsica one summer evening, and there dreamed up a collection of gourmet perfumes. Combining the typical scents and flavors of Corsica, this unexpected collection highlights the unique world of this passionate duo."
JASMIN IMMORTELLE NEROLI
"Floral and absolutely feminine, the fragrance of pastry chef Pierre Hermé balances the white notes of gardens at dawn with the gold of a flower that still flourishes throughout the Corsican maquis."

From this fragrance range, I picked up the Shimmering Body Powder, which is exclusive to this fragrance range only, unfortunately.  I don't normally like Jasmine in a fragrance as it often reminds me of toilet and bathroom cleaning products(!), but this combination is just right for my nose and one that I could actually wear!  The powder is also scented in the Jasmin Immortelle Neroli fragrance.  It's quite lovely!  But, in the end, I am a real gourmand at heart and so I picked the Pamplemousse Rhubarbe fragrance (as part of a value set - see further down below) over this floral scent.
Below are swatches of the Shimmering Body Powder against my medium, olive (~NC30-35) skin tone.  The first is photographed indoors using a strobe.  You can't really see it when it's blended out in this photograph, but you can see the beautiful, subtle shimmers on the next photograph which is shot in low light (without the strobe).  I love it!  Great for the festive season and going out to a fancy dinner. :)  Love that it doubles as a fragrance, too.
PAMPLEMOUSSE RHUBARBE
"A tantalizing accord.  Who other than Pierre Hermé would dare to combine the flavours of Rhubarb, Clove and Nutmeg with the temperamental scent of Grapefruit?

Discover a collection with a soft and subtle fragrance, both tantalizing the nose and teasing the palate."
I decided to get the entire gift set above as apparently you get a AU$30 savings value and who could resist that fragrance in other forms...plus just look at that box?!  Not only does this collection entice your sense of smell, but your eyes and the flavours that have inspired it.  I can imagine opening that box to find the most amazing dessert inside - a decadent cake or a boxful of crispy and chewy macarons, perhaps...or both! :P
Below: the set contains full sizes of the fragrance in the Shower Gel, Soap, Body Lotion and Eau de Toilette forms.
Gorgeous packaging no?
There is also the MIEL MANDARINE scent for hands and lips, which I didn't get to check out at the store, but the sound of "golden honey crystallized on a sun-drenched slice of Mandarin Orange... and, Spun Sugar and Almond" sounds warm and delicious indeed.  I may have to go back to smell this for myself. >_<


 Finally, I also picked up this super cute hand cream set which was done in collaboration with Elle magazine.  It's "The ELLE Collector Hand Cream Quattro", which includes:
1 x Shea Elle Hand Cream 30ml
1 x Cherry Blossom Elle Hand cream 30ml
1 x Verbena Elle Hand Cream 30ml
1 x Almond Elle Hand Cream 30ml
Who wouldn't love to pull one of these hand creams out of their hand bag? ^_^  And, that tin!!!  It's totally adorable for storing bits and bobs.

L'Occitane has certainly made me smile (and possibly a little hungry! LOL) with all my purchases.

Thanks for looking! Bon week-end! ^_^ xo


Have you checked any of these out?  What do you have your eye on?  Any L'Occitane favourites?











Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar