Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

L'Oreal Paris & Elie Saab Lip Gloss in Spice Drama & Amber Choc

Soul Rebel by Bob Marley

L'Oreal has collaborated with Ellie Saab to make a bridal makeup line - the power of grace. This collaboration first came on my radar after I was intrigued by L'Oreal's new plumping lip gloss release I saw at a Superdrugs store but, after seeing their collab with ES - I decided to give this collaboration a whirl first - here are my fresh thoughts. 

The Packaging

Spice Drama & Amber Choc

The packaging is pretty. The scent is the same as their liquid lipsticks and the ink gloss line (the newer formulas) which is a sweet light perfume scent that I like. The overall aesthetic of the tubes is very "wedding" (pink & gold).  Just like the other liquid lip products from L'Oreal the caps have a satisfying "buck" to them to ensure you know they get closed properly ... The only main packaging difference is that the doe foot is a double-doe foot (see below in swatch pictures). Overall, the packaging is chic. 

The Formula
Smooth, non-sticky, glossy (but not overly so) and light in feel. This is not a heavy glassy gloss but a natural one, which can easily slip into any and every routine. Even though I find both Spice Drama and Amber Choc have a similar consistency-  the superfine shimmers in Amber Choc give a slightly grainy texture to it. Don't worry Amber Choc isn't painfully grainy or worse still - gritty - it just has a slight grain against the smooth texture because of the shimmer which I think is worth noting. Oh, and yes, it feels moisturising/nourishing on the lips.

The Shades

Spice Drama

Spice Drama is a really pretty mauve/brown/pink. On my dark skin tone, it's a comfortable "pink-brown nude" shade I'd feel comfortable being barefaced and footloose with. I can't imagine this shade not working on a skin tone - as it's very subtle and classic.

Amber Choc

Amber Choc is filled to the brim with superfine golden shimmers, similar to many cult classic lipglosses for darker skin (MAC Oh Baby + Nars Supervixen) so, if you're looking for a slightly cheaper less grainy-thick gloss than MAC -  and less antique-gold looking in the tube (more peachy) than Nars -  then this would be a good option. Although Nars Supervixen has no grainy texture and feels smoother on the lips - they both look virtually the same once they're on but, just feel a bit different. 

The Price
I bought both from Notino for £7.40 (the price on the website does fluctuate) but, the RRP is around £10.99. 

To Conclude
I like them. It will be interesting to see how the Plumping Lip Gloss formula compares (there's menthol in the ingredients) but, if it follows the L'Oreal brand standards that I have been enjoying lately - then I'm in good steed to enjoy it too ... Well, we'll see ...



Have you tried any products from L'Oreal lately?
Any favourites/recommendations?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar